Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pirates

Okay! So tonight we're going to the drive-in. It's carload night and my girls offered to pay the admission (but not for the snacks) so that we can go see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. So my daughters will get to sigh whenever Orlando Bloom comes on the screen, my wife will get to swoon over Johnny Depp, and I'll get to admire Kiera Knightley. The boys will get to enjoy some swordfight I'm sure.

The first time we went to that drive-in we pulled into our spot and then tried to watch the movie looking around the head of the person or the headrest of the seat in front of you. But we noticed what everyone else was doing, at least those with vans. They pulled in backwards, opened the tailgate, pulled out the lawnchairs, and watched that way. That's been the way we do it since then. We even bring along a couple of little plastic tables for our drinks and snacks. I suppose you could even light a couple of mosquito coils to keep the bugs away.

Tonight's supposed to be a beautiful night. We're expecting a heat wave in southern Ontario for the next few days so we probably won't be needing blankets to keep us warm. My girls were anticipating July 7 and the release of the new Pirates movie for months. It was marked boldly on the calendar. So tonight we go to see it at the drive-in.

No comments: