Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010

Happy New Year!!!

We went down to the canal to see the fireworks at midnight.  I expected a bigger crowd but the people who showed up got a good show.  It was a 10 minute fireworks show and really impressive.

I hope 2010 is a better year than 2009.  Last year wasn't all bad.  There was the trip to New York in February and the trip to Florida including M & Rs wedding in September/October. 

But there were some really sad diagnoses in the extended family.  I presided at the funeral of a soldier killed in Afghanistan.  I wish the damned war would end.  Just the day before yesterday four more Canadian soldiers and a newspaper reporter were killed.  I'm sick of it.

I've got a good life and a great family, there's just a lot of crap going on in the world.  Here's hoping 2010 will have more good news.  God bless us, everyone.

No comments: