Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What a Concert

This past Saturday was the premiere performance by the Chorus Niagara Children's Choir. I was there because one of my daughters is one of the members of this new choir. Chorus Niagara is a premiere choir in these parts, maybe even in all of Ontario. They established a children's choir under their umbrella this year. There are almost 50 voices in this children's choir and they sound terrific.

Saturday night was a concert of both the adult chorus and the children's choir with some pieces being sung together and others separately. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as they sang. It was just beautiful. The concert was held in the Cathedral of St. Catherine of Alexandria in St. Catharines, Ontario.

My favourite piece that the children sang was a Hebrew language song called "Al Shlosha D'varim." The words go like this:
Al shlosha d'varim haolam kayam,
al haemet v'al hadin v'al hashalom.

Translated it means:
The world is sustained by three things,
by truth, by justice, and by peace.

I can't wait to hear them again. I was so proud.

Here's a review in the paper.

No comments: