Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm Back

Hello readers.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged. I was away for a while on a tour of Egypt, Jordan, and Israel from October 29 to November 15. In the coming days or weeks I'll transcribe some of the notes I took and journaling I did while on the tour. It was an amazing experience, one I'll never forget. There were some eye opening things I saw and did while there.

It's good to be back home though. I missed my family. 18 days away was the longest I've been away from them ever. By the end of the tour I was missing them terribly plus I was getting really tired of living out of a suitcase, eating nothing but hotel food, riding on a bus day after day, and I'd had enough of ruins and churches. The itinerary was really full so there wasn't much down time.

We had a good group for the tour though, no real trouble makers, nobody I couldn't get along with. I was the youngest in the group. The average age of the people on the tour was 64, ranging from me at 41 to a lady who was 79. I'm not in the greatest shape but I was pretty beat by the end of things. I don't know how those folks, an average of 23 years older than me, could do it all.

Anyway, I hope you look forward to reading about my trip. If you don't then I guess you'll just have to ignore my blog. It's easy to do since I so rarely blog anyway.

Shalom

No comments: